Echo & Alexa Forums

Does firmware update wipe location settings ?

mikee123

Does firmware update wipe location settings ?
« on: August 19, 2016, 07:12:19 am »
Just in case, when there is a firmware update, would that wipe my location settings ?

DParker

Re: Does firmware update wipe location settings ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 08:44:36 am »
Just in case, when there is a firmware update, would that wipe my location settings ?

Your location and other account settings are stored in the "cloud", so an update to your device's firmware has no effect on it.

mikee123

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 09:14:27 am »
That's good as I has someone help me to set it and I don't think I could do it myself. I think you have to manually search for firmware updates ? Or do they post here in the forum when there is an update ?

DParker

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 11:02:04 am »
That's good as I has someone help me to set it and I don't think I could do it myself.

If you're capable of creating an account and posting on this forum, you can make configuration changes in your Alexa app.

I think you have to manually search for firmware updates ? Or do they post here in the forum when there is an update ?

You don't need to do anything.  Updates are rolled out automatically.

mikee123

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 11:49:00 am »
I am in the UK, I tried with the instructions on here to set location to outside the US but there was an error I couldn't get past myself, but I had help so all working now.