Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Does firmware update wipe location settings ?

Does firmware update wipe location settings ?
« on: August 19, 2016, 07:12:19 am »
Just in case, when there is a firmware update, would that wipe my location settings ?

Re: Does firmware update wipe location settings ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 08:44:36 am »
Just in case, when there is a firmware update, would that wipe my location settings ?

Your location and other account settings are stored in the "cloud", so an update to your device's firmware has no effect on it.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 09:14:27 am »
That's good as I has someone help me to set it and I don't think I could do it myself. I think you have to manually search for firmware updates ? Or do they post here in the forum when there is an update ?

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 11:02:04 am »
That's good as I has someone help me to set it and I don't think I could do it myself.

If you're capable of creating an account and posting on this forum, you can make configuration changes in your Alexa app.

I think you have to manually search for firmware updates ? Or do they post here in the forum when there is an update ?

You don't need to do anything.  Updates are rolled out automatically.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 11:49:00 am »
I am in the UK, I tried with the instructions on here to set location to outside the US but there was an error I couldn't get past myself, but I had help so all working now.