Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Alexa not recognising / not reacting on command any more

Alexa not recognising / not reacting on command any more
« on: August 17, 2016, 06:17:06 am »
I am using Alexa to control my Homeseer system. One of the commands I use daily is 'Alexa, turn on Mike'. It used to recognise it nearly 100% of the time, absolutely perfect. Now, since a few days, when I give the same command, Alexa just goes 'bling' after the command, and the blue light ring on the top turns off. No other response or reaction. I do have this very occasionally on other things I ask Alexa, not related to Homeseer. When I look in the app or on the Alexa website, I cannot see any record of that command.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:46:14 am by mikee123 »

Re: Alexa not recognising / not reacting on command any more
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 10:30:50 am »
I use a WINK Hub and she's begun doing this as well.  I've had to put her in Discovery mode and things seem to align themselves for some time.....Good luck.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 03:11:19 pm »
Maybe it is the spelling; the abbreviation for microphone is not Mike, it is mic.
Just kidding, but seriously, try saying microphone instead of mic, and see if that helps.

Offline kevb

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:23:18 pm »
Mikee123, how's Homeseer working for you? I recognize your name from another forum. Don't mean to hijack the thread, just curious.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 03:01:05 am »
kevb, absolutely love Homeseer. Its not perfect, but so much better than Vera. Within 3 months I have recreated my Vera system with all the logic, and even gone way beyond in terms of logic. Everything is so easy, things work a lot more reliable. StellaZ's don't drop off the system every few weeks, my Remotec AC controller can access all the functions now, that's just a few examples.

Going back to the Mike for Alexa, its not meant as microphone. Turn on Mike turns my lounge lights to setting 'Mike'. I have thought of changing it. But I had the same for my wifes setting. It was called 'Just'. It worked fine for weeks, then stopped working. I have changed it to 'Justine' and that's working - for now. I was just trying to get to the bottom of it rather than keep changing device names as a temporary fix

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 01:17:22 pm »
There are just too many "Mikes" in the world! :D