Echo & Alexa Forums

Skills page blank

toouncool

Skills page blank
« on: August 15, 2016, 10:54:59 am »
First post here, I did search the forum, but if I missed something go easy on me....

So I have been happily using my Echo for a few weeks now, but all of a sudden the "Skills" page on the app isn't showing anything and a search comes back blank. Everything else is working, all the discovered Smart Home devices are there and I haven't changed anything on my Amazon account.

Same happens if I access 'http://alexa.amazon.com/" in a browser.....very strange.

I have done the 'obvious' such as logout of the app, reload it, turn the Echo on and off and so on, but no joy. I am sure it is something simple and stupid, but I can't work out what! Has anyone had a similar experience, or have any ideas?

Thanks
Marc

DParker

Re: Skills page blank
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 11:46:23 am »
I'm not having any problems viewing skills via either the mobile app or the web interface.  Given that you're having issues with both I'd suspect it has something to do with your account.  It sounds like this is a job for Amazon support.

toouncool

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 12:17:05 pm »
Thanks, I am thinking so myself, maybe after a factory reset.

Would that be the Twitter crew?

Marc

toouncool

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 12:43:41 pm »
Factory reset is no help.....so support it is.

neegal

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 05:14:52 pm »
Let us know how you get on, my skills page has also suddenly gone blank and I'm in the UK too....

I'm lucky enough to have 2 echo dots, both have the same problem.

toouncool

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 12:31:00 am »
Interesting, how's it looking this morning? Mine appears to be back....

neegal

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 03:54:34 am »
Yep mine was back last night