Echo & Alexa Forums

Getting the best phone/car set up with Alexa

Maff

Getting the best phone/car set up with Alexa
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:36:51 am »
There are now a few apps which put alexa on your phone. I've been playing with an app called "Lexa" which is similar to the others. I've just created a tasker task which loads the app and presses the button automatically  to make her listen afterwards. I have saved it as an app via tasker and mapped it to my phone home button, so a double tap of the home button is all you need to do to speak to alexa anywhere. Works well in the car, especially for it reading my kindle books to me. I'm hoping music will work on it soon too. It controls all my home automation stuff too, which is a billion times quicker now for turning on the heating when heading home in winter than loading the stock app for Wemos or hue etc etc. Just double tap and "turn on the heating"! Great!

mike27oct

Re: Getting the best phone/car set up with Alexa
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 11:31:01 am »
Hmm. apparently it is only an Android app.

Maff

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 01:35:28 pm »
Oh really? I didn't realise. Isn't there an iPhone only similar app called Lexi also? Looks pretty much the same thing from the reviews I have read. In fact I think the interface looks better. If you are jailbroken you can map the home key I bet if you wanted.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 06:05:16 pm »
When I googled lexa all I saw was Android, so I will look for Lexi.  Roger works fine for me, though.