Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa identify tunein song titles

madmanuel

Alexa identify tunein song titles
« on: August 12, 2016, 10:02:58 pm »
Hi,
When I play music stations on tunein through my echo and ask Alexa "what is playing" or "name of song", it just tells me the name of the radio station, but does not give me the name of the song or artist.  Is this a tunein issue? When I access Alexa through my web browser, I can see the artist and track name of what is playing, but I can't figure out how to have Alexa tell me the name of the song by asking her. 
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance! 

DParker

Re: Alexa identify tunein song titles
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 10:19:14 pm »
I don't have a TuneIn account, but asking "What is this?" yields song title and artist for music on Prime, Pandora and iHeart Radio.

mike27oct

Re: Alexa identify tunein song titles
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 11:07:19 pm »

Parker, no one needs a tunein account to play tunein stations on an Alexa device, even though some other services on Alexa devices require one.  I actually wish it did require a tunein account like the FireTV does, that way I could see my list of tunein stations.  On Alexa device, one needs only to say "play tunein station blah, blah" and it plays. Stations playing can be added to a Favorites list in the Alexa app so they can be returned to at anytime..

@madmanuel
What you are experiencing is normal operation.  Alexa cannot tell what music is playing if you ask it, although if station display trach title, it can be seen in the Bow Playing of Alexa app.