Echo & Alexa Forums

prime music won't play on alexa echo

Denverecho

Re: prime music won't play on alexa echo
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 05:27:49 pm »
I have two Echo Dots in two separate houses, and both are on my Prime account.  They both worked fine until a week or so ago.  Now, one understands everything (Flash briefings, items for lists, etc.) but says, for example, "I can't find songs by Josh Groben (or anyone else)," but if I say "Play Bring him Home," Alexa says "Here is a sample of Bring Him Home" by Josh Groben.  I have unplugged Echo, and I have reset it several times, and I have deleted and reloaded the app several times.  Same deal.  I took this Echo1 to the other house where Echo2 is working fine (plays songs by everyone) and plugged in the misbehaving one and installed it.  Same deal.

So, it's not only a problem with the router in home 1, and it's not a problem with my account (same registration and setting isn both Echos) it's a problem with the Echo Dot which neither unplugging nor resetting resolves.  Suggestions?

Offline jwlv

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »
I suggest deregistering the faulty Echo Dot from your Amazon account (either thru the app or at alexa.amazon.com) and then perform a hardware reset to factory defaults on the Echo Dot.

To reset your Echo Dot (v2): Press and hold the Microphone off and Volume down buttons at the same time until the light ring turns orange (about 20 seconds).

After this, you can set up the Echo Dot as a new device.

Denverecho

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 04:59:24 pm »
JWLV, You are a genius.  Absolutely, nothing else worked.  This fixed it in house 2, and I'm certain it will now work in house 1, as it was doing the same thing in house 2 before I deregistered.

Thank you!

susilv

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 04:28:57 pm »
I'm having the same problem with Prime Music. I don't even get the option to choose prime music on the settings page. Only Music Unlimited, which is a pay group. I have prime, not sure why it won't show up.