Echo & Alexa Forums

3 echo's

kenster61

3 echo's
« on: January 26, 2018, 11:57:44 am »
1st problem-I have 3. I want one in one part of the house to play music. I want 2 in another part of the house to play a different type of music as stereo speakers would. I can make a group and play the pair as stereo but then it shuts the other part of the house with the single echo off. Do I have to upgrade to a music plan if I am a prime member?
2nd issue. I removed one echo in the large part of the house and went with BT speakers. When I sync them with the echo the speakers play but the echo is silent. Defeats the purpose of the speakers if it just plays thru them and the echo is silent.
What am I missing?

Offline kevb

Re: 3 echo's
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 12:52:27 pm »
Not sure about your first issue, but the second one is how the echos work. Sound either comes from the Echo, or through the bluetooth speakers. It can't do both. You can tell it to disconnect from your bluetooth when you want only the Echo to provide sound.

dognose

Re: 3 echo's
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 01:02:12 pm »
@Question 1:

Yes, you can play (individual) Music on any Echo in your household.

However, the way Amazon designed "MultiRoomMusic-Groups", they are considered another "device".

Hence, if you do not have the plan to playback on multiple devices, the playback on a "MRM-Group" will stop, once
you request playback on anohter "single device".