Echo & Alexa Forums

Smartthings power outlets frequently not responding to echo

mjseaton

Re: Smartthings power outlets frequently not responding to echo
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 11:26:24 pm »
I started having this issue today. Everything has worked well up until now (new Echo firmware?)

The issue seems to only affect the Z-wave devices. All of my Cree Connected bulbs (Zigbee) work fine.

DParker

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 11:16:35 am »
I started having this issue today. Everything has worked well up until now (new Echo firmware?)

The issue seems to only affect the Z-wave devices. All of my Cree Connected bulbs (Zigbee) work fine.

Since your Echo doesn't actually control any of of those devices (see the latter part of my post here: http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,768.msg4705.html#msg4705), firmware updates for it aren't going to have anything to do with whatever issues you're seeing with some subset of them.  Most likely you've some sort of issue on the SmartThings end.  I'd double-check that the Z-Wave devices in question are authorized for use via the Amazon Echo smartapp in your ST app.  If they are, rerun discovery on your Echo and see if that clears the problem.

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 03:34:07 pm »

log into the specific devices app and see if they have any updates. I don't log into wemo or hue app that often but it seems everytime I do, there is some firmware update. 

zootweller

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 05:45:14 pm »
Same thing happened again to my ST power-outlets after a couple weeks of things working perfectly.
Using the ST app to switch each on individually seems to have restored Echo control once again, but I'm not happy that this type of issue seems to happen so often.