Echo & Alexa Forums

Apple Calendar

Errant

Apple Calendar
« on: July 20, 2016, 04:09:08 pm »
Just received my first Echo!

My question, though, is there any way to get Echo to use my Apple Calendar? Or does anyone know if there's a chance of support being added in the future? I really have no interest in switching to Google Calendar after all these years, but like the idea of being able to use Echo for Calendar tasks.

If there is not direct support, can I get Google Calendar to sync with Apple? I know I can go the other direction, but that won't help with Echo. I can also import my Apple Calendar to Google, but I really don't want to have to start using Google for new events.

Yoda_One

Re: Apple Calendar
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 05:58:50 pm »
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:03:39 pm by Yoda_One »

Yoda_One

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 06:12:03 pm »

Yoda_One

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 06:22:01 pm »
I will add one point that is a plus. If you finally make the move to the Google Calendar which is basically open source and the ability to ask Alexa what's my appointments is such a convenience.
It saves me so much time especially if I am using my phone.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:28:25 pm by Yoda_One »

Errant

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 08:01:47 pm »
Thank you, Yoda. I can read, and did search. Neither one of those options works very well. I also stated that I have no interest in switching to Google Calendar.

I was just hoping someone had a better answer, rather than regurgitating what's already been posted and doesn't work well. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Amazon may someday add native support. Until then, I always have my phone or tablet handy.