Echo & Alexa Forums

Apple Integration ??

Bazini

Apple Integration ??
« on: July 19, 2016, 09:15:28 pm »
What does everybody think the chance of Apple integration with Echo or the other way around?
I like the Echo but I love my Apple products better.
I wish that Apple would have created a Siri like Echo device or if they are planning on it, hurry up !!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:59:55 am by Bazini »

DParker

Re: Apple Integratin ???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:26:01 pm »
It sounds like what you really want is for Apple to sell an Echo-like Siri device.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:28:14 pm by DParker »

Yoda_One

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 09:47:49 pm »
It would be better to head over to an Apple Forum and preach your message there.😆O:-)

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Bazini

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 10:19:54 pm »
I did not mean to offend anybody.
Really inquiring about integration between Echo and Apple.
It would be cool, no ?

DParker

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 10:30:17 pm »
It would be cool, no ?

I can't say.  Your question is pretty vague.  What kind of Apple <-> Echo integration did you have in mind?

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 10:44:54 pm »
I have read that Apple has an Echo-like device in development.  Why not; Echo caught companies like Apple. Microsoft, etc completely by surprise.  Google has one planned, as we here know.  Apple is beefing up Siri as we speak since it way behind the curve from when it was new.

There is already "Apple integration" if you consider apps like Roger running on iOS devices that can access Alexa.  Driving in the car we can check with Alexa for weather forecasts, etc. by using Roger. Handy.

I like my iPhone and iPad, but by no means would I ever have a Mac computer. Not a fanboy (but I have said that many times over here.) I am a fan of whatever gadget does the best job for the money.

Bazini

Re: Apple Integration ???
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 01:59:21 am »
Please tell me more about this Roger app running on iOS that can access Alexa.
How does it work?

mike27oct

Re: Apple Integration ??
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 02:50:35 am »

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 05:30:08 am »
It would be cool, no ?

there is already integration - you can download the amazon echo app from the itune store and use it  :-)

Bazini

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 09:18:20 am »
I meant using iCal,easily playing from my iTunes Library(yes I know there is a way to do this) without extra steps. You know, not having to use Google calendar etc.
I like Echo so far, I guess I'll wait and see with what Apple comes up with.

Have I landed in the world of Apple haters here ?

Yoda_One

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 09:52:01 am »
Mike is correct when it comes to usefulness. This is a Forum for/about Amazon Alexa devices not pro or against Apple/ Android. It sounds to me you are Apple fanboy and showed your bias in your first post. I prefer the Android line but I will recommend the best equipment for a client NEEDS with no favoritism to Manufacturers or Operating systems.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:29:16 am by Yoda_One »

mike27oct

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 03:58:56 pm »
I am a firm believer in that the marketplace is "right, and it rules".  Apple is a "niche" player when it comes to computers and laptops.  Windows computers outnumber them by a few miles.  Main Reason I believe: most bang for the buck.

I think Apple did a great job coming up with iPhone and iPad, and Windows entry in these two segments is pathetic.  So, is why I have Windows PCs, and Apple iPhone and iPad (along with some Amazon gadgets, e.g. tablets, FireTV and Echo gadgets).

Nobody "hates" Apple here; it's just they prefer other than a house full of only Apple devices.  So, try to contain your Apple fanboy attitude and control your paranoia about the Apple haters. It can wear on people.  When outnumbered, it is advisable to lay low!   ;)

Bazini

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 04:40:43 pm »
Did not mean to touch a nerve guys. :o
I'm not an Apple fanboy, never heard of that before,
Just wish that my Apple devices could integrate with Echo that's all.

I have a Sonos System too, what's the word with Echo and Sonos?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:55:07 pm by Bazini »

DParker

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 04:59:50 pm »
Did not mean to touch a nerve guys. :o

Well then, mission accomplished.  Nary a single nerve has been touched.

mike27oct

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 12:39:29 am »
>>>  Just wish that my Apple devices could integrate with Echo that's all.

They do; you just haven't had the Echo long enough to explore all the ways.  Using my iPhone I can play ANY music stored on my home network to Echo; play stations not in Echo (like Slacker), all done with the aid of Bluetooth to my Echo.  Search this forum for "Bluetooth" for some ideas.

Many of us wish the Echo could access our home network, rather than using BT as a bridge. but so far we can't.  You have to realize that Amazon is all about selling other Amazon products, and not other brands.  So, the Amazon products integrate best with their own products, like Alexa and FireTVs do.

As you spend more time with your new Echo and peruse this Forum, you will eventually get up to speed with how it all works.