Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Instant Video

Bazini

Amazon Instant Video
« on: July 16, 2016, 04:28:32 pm »
First of all I'm new here, so if this thread has already been posted I apologize.
I just got my Echo and like most of you I am a Prime Member and watch Amazan Instant Video included in Prime.
My question does Echo have the ability to tell me about what is new for instance on Video or be able to add something to watch list or anything like that ?
Thanks

Yoda_One

Re: Amazon Instant Video
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 05:12:43 pm »
Best of my knowledge is not an active function but it could be a Skill. I would suggest you took through the Skills in Alexa App.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 12:07:10 am »
Short answer, no.  I just asked Alexa what is new in Prime video and the reply was Duh, I don't understand your question.  I have a Fire TV, too. and I get weekly emails telling me about new videos, though.  One can always request to be a subscriber of the newsletter.

See if this works for you:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/gss/browse/17820

Bazini

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 12:30:29 am »
I was asking about integration between the Echo, Amazon Video. To do things like, ask what are the latest releases, add to my watch list.
 It would be a nice feature, right ?

Short answer, no.  I just asked Alexa what is new in Prime video and the reply was Duh, I don't understand your question.  I have a Fire TV, too. and I get weekly emails telling me about new videos, though.  One can always request to be a subscriber of the newsletter.

See if this works for you:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/gss/browse/17820
[/quote]

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 01:45:45 am »
I was asking about integration between the Echo, Amazon Video. To do things like, ask what are the latest releases, add to my watch list.
 It would be a nice feature, right ?

I know, I answered the first part; there is no integration (although someone else suggested there might be an Alexa skill around that perhaps might do this).  Yes, it might be a nice feature.  From the Alexa app you can send comments to Amazon, so suggest this to them. 
Enjoy your new Echo.