Echo & Alexa Forums

Bought a 2nd Dot, this one for my grandson, help setting up please.

crodley

Hi folks,

I have one Echo which my wife mostly uses, one Dot which is mine and now I received another Dot which my grown grandson wanted.  We want to place the new Dot on his own account (Not prime, FYI) I've already deregistered the Dot from my account (It's still unopened)

He's going out of town this weekend and he wants me to set it up for him.  So, here's my guess how this will work.

I'll go to his house and open the Dot and connect it to his WIFI, go to Amazon and log in with his account.  "Add?" the Dot to his account somehow.  Go to the Amazon Echo web page and log in with his Amazon info and set all the preferences up... (He'll have his phone with him, can't use that app on his phone)

Go to Spotify, set up an account in his name and set that as the default music service on the Dot, since he won't have prime music available. 

Does that sound right or is something wrong with the process?

Thanks in advance.

vegasguy

Bought a 2nd Dot, this one for my grandson, help setting up please.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 03:18:32 pm »
Sounds about right except for one thing. You have to use the Alexa app on your phone to set up the dot. So you need to login on the app with his account info. When the app goes to search for the dot on wifi it'll automatically add his account to the dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:20:07 pm by vegasguy »

crodley

Re: Bought a 2nd Dot, this one for my grandson, help setting up please.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 05:50:05 pm »
Ah ok, thanks :)

stusviews

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 09:04:33 pm »
The Dot can be set up using a computer if that's more convenient. A smartphone will still be able to access the account.

crodley

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 12:28:57 am »
I set it up just fine, thanks for all the help!