Echo & Alexa Forums

Connecting second Echo to second wifi network

MetzgerDW

Connecting second Echo to second wifi network
« on: July 15, 2016, 01:02:47 pm »
Bought a second Echo which I want to connect to separate wifi network in second home.  Using App, it seems to try to force fit 2nd Echo to the same network Echo 1 is connected to (which doesn't exist in second home).  How do I discretely set up Echo 2 to connect it to the new network while maintaining Echo 1 connection?

DParker

Re: Connecting second Echo to second wifi network
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 01:21:08 pm »
Bought a second Echo which I want to connect to separate wifi network in second home.  Using App, it seems to try to force fit 2nd Echo to the same network Echo 1 is connected to (which doesn't exist in second home).  How do I discretely set up Echo 2 to connect it to the new network while maintaining Echo 1 connection?

What exactly are you seeing that leads you to conclude that the app is forcing the 2nd Echo to the same WiFi connection that the 1st one is using?  What happens when you select the "Update Wi-Fi" option at the top of the "Setting" screen for the 2nd Echo?

MetzgerDW

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 02:50:19 pm »
Thanks for reply got registration error message - tried rebooting Echo and router and now am in business.  Thanks.

DParker

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 03:09:20 pm »
All's well that ends well.  8)