Echo & Alexa Forums

What next for Echo?

What next for Echo?
« on: June 25, 2016, 01:01:46 am »
What is the next "thing" to get owners or potential owners excited about owning an Echo?

Seems there is a lot of possibility but are we in an Apple Newton conundrum...

Yoda_One

Re: What next for Echo?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 07:02:05 am »
????????

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:54:53 pm »
What is the next "thing" to get owners or potential owners excited about owning an Echo?

Seems there is a lot of possibility but are we in an Apple Newton conundrum...

no apple newton conundrum with the echo. 

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 06:20:59 pm »
What's next?  VIDEO, of course!  How? What? When?   ???

Not sure, but pretty sure it will be something else to BUY!

Regit7

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 03:15:47 pm »
That's easy... Networking
Eight being able to network, multiple echo devices together or developing products that are just Mic/Speakers stations which rely commands from anywhere in the home through the "master" echo device. 

This give you whole home music, potential for surround sound and much much more!!  NETWORKING, NETWORKING, NETWORKING!!!

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 05:08:53 pm »
Of course, Networking!  If only my Echo devices could contact my NAS server music folder!  It may be an even longer time coming.  Amazon doesn't want it to be too easy to NOT buy music from them.

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 07:53:42 am »
That's easy... Networking
Eight being able to network, multiple echo devices together or developing products that are just Mic/Speakers stations which rely commands from anywhere in the home through the "master" echo device. 

This give you whole home music, potential for surround sound and much much more!!  NETWORKING, NETWORKING, NETWORKING!!!

I like this.  Seems there is untapped potential here...

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 03:45:18 pm »
syncing would be good but I think I would like to see voice calling with the next version of the echo. 

itsjustmeee

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 06:48:47 am »
Of course, Networking!  If only my Echo devices could contact my NAS server music folder!  It may be an even longer time coming.  Amazon doesn't want it to be too easy to NOT buy music from them.

+1. I'm at least hoping for Plex integration which I believe is on the way. I would much rather have Echo be able to access my music library but since Amazon is in the business of selling music and cloud space, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Vonda Z

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 09:27:44 am »
What's next?  VIDEO, of course!  How? What? When?   ???

Not sure, but pretty sure it will be something else to BUY!

Possibly already in the works: https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/17/wsj-amazon-alexa-tablet/

DParker

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 11:05:50 am »
Possibly already in the works: https://www.engadget.com/2016/05/17/wsj-amazon-alexa-tablet/

Hmmmmmm....that sounds like it could be exactly what I've been saying is needed to quell all the complaints about Alexa-enabled devices not being general-purpose web search tools.

mike27oct

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 01:38:43 pm »
Thanks for the Alexa tablet link. Time will tell what emerges fro the Lab.