Echo & Alexa Forums

Poll

What language are you using to build your Alexa Skills?

Javscript/Node.js
2 (33.3%)
Java
1 (16.7%)
Python
2 (33.3%)
Other
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1

[DEVELOPER POLL] What language are you using to build your Alexa Skills?

mrvoice

Hey everyone, just running a fun poll to see what languages are most popular in the Alexa community for developing Alexa skills.

Cheers!
-Mr. Voice
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:02:23 pm by mrvoice »

DParker

Given that Lambda functions for Alexa Skills can be written in Java, Node.js, or Python wouldn't it make sense to add the latter two as individual options as well?

mrvoice

Given that Lambda functions for Alexa Skills can be written in Java, Node.js, or Python wouldn't it make sense to add the latter two as individual options as well?

DParker, thanks, updated. Outside of lambda we can also host custom webservices that respond to Alexa-type events as well (via any language/env), but wanted to capture the top languages to get a broader vote from folks. Figured most are hosting on lambda as well..

Thanks!

Offline jwlv

I use PHP on an external web server for my Alexa skills. I have a few skills in the works as well as some that are just for my own personal use. Nothing's published through Amazon yet. Honestly, it's not a priority to get any skills published.

mrvoice

I use PHP on an external web server for my Alexa skills. I have a few skills in the works as well as some that are just for my own personal use. Nothing's published through Amazon yet. Honestly, it's not a priority to get any skills published.

Thanks for the input jwlv, very helpful & good to know.