Echo & Alexa Forums

Traffic function

kxaz145

Traffic function
« on: June 20, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »
Hi All, new user here. I attempted to create a commute profile so I could check each morning before heading out. Echo already had my home address listed so I entered my work address and saved it. Still, when I say "Alexa, traffic report" I receive a response to enter the information in the application? Obviously I am missing something.

JimB

mike27oct

Re: Traffic function
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 01:52:04 pm »
Check the settings to see if your work address was saved, or saved correctly.  This function works for my account.  I have mine currently set for between my address and a major building in heart of downtown, but have also had it set for airport, etc.  All work.

kxaz145

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 06:37:45 pm »
Hi Mike,

Yes, as I entered the address it was found and I saved it. You mentioned multiple routes saved, does each one need a name associated with it somehow? I assume Alexa would ask for a way to choose one from a list?

Also, now I am saying "Alexa, commute" then the response is to enter it into the Alexa app, like one is not saved?

JimB

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 07:52:19 pm »
No, I only have one location, although I have from time to time put in different destinations.  I just now asked, "Alexa, traffic" and it gave me my commute time for now from home to downtown.