Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo not recognizing Hue lights

lovinglife

Echo not recognizing Hue lights
« on: June 17, 2016, 06:26:09 pm »
Hello.  I've had the device for a few months now and everything has been fine until 2 days ago.  I have a wemo switch for my electronics and the Phillips Hue for my lamps. Up until 2 days ago, all I had to say was "turn on lamp #" and "turn off lamp #" and Alexa would do that.  What happened the other day was she turned on lamp 1 when asked but when asked to turn it off, she said there is no such lamp in my profile.  She's doing that for another lamp, too, but not for any of the others.  I now have to turn those two on and off manually.  Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, is there a cure?  Thank you.

DParker

Re: Echo not recognizing Hue lights
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 09:55:00 pm »
Do the bulbs still appear in your Hue app?  If so, try rerunning the Echo's device discovery by saying, "Alexa, discover devices."  More often than not that will correct the problem.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 02:29:36 am »
are you using numbers to identify the lamps?   I know they say alexa has issues with numbers and the instructions suggests not to name them as such.  If you are using numbers, maybe try spelling out the number in the name.  . 

Keifer

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 09:32:48 am »
I had a similar issue a while back and for several weeks I tried everything, including a new router. Many times different Hue lights would suddenly be unreachable. Turns out once I increased my home internet speed all of my problems stopped. I guess I had too many connected devices for the speed I was paying. (I upgraded from 15 Mbps to 50 Mbps.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:19:47 pm by Keifer »