Echo & Alexa Forums

A ton of people would buy an Echo if they'd add speakerphone capability

iolinux333

I have a four year old cheap Bluetooth speaker that I still use as a speakerphone but the Echo or the Dot would blow it away. I have my phone connected all the time to Echo.

I wonder when they'll throw the switch and let the phone pass through phone calls.

It would be the best speakerphone in the world with its amazing microphones.

Yoda_One

That is just your opinion or speculation. Not a bad idea but it not the reason I bought an Echo.  I have absolutely no need for this function and if it is ever added I would disable it.

fstbusa

I would love this option but I also enjoy the other stuff it can do.

Yoda_One

This would be a better option for you right now and it is considerably less expensive. I put this here for other interested individuals and I wasn't sure if your four year old  BT Speaker was portable. Another reason, the concerns you have had from a previous thread especially about your vehicle.
I hope this is a doable solution. I am just trying to help you with some sort of solution. Now isn't this the main reason for a Forum.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JK6MQEI?psc=1
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:59:51 am by Yoda_One »

iolinux333

Thanks for the tip on that little speaker. I ordered one just to play with. Thing is, the Echo already has all the necessary hardware to do it, and the Echo hardware is Superior. It just needs a few (thousand lol) lines of code to make it happen. I imagine they'll tack on the capability in an update sooner or later. I just hope it's sooner.