Echo & Alexa Forums

New Echo Pop

Offline jwlv

New Echo Pop
« on: May 18, 2023, 12:06:35 am »
Amazon came out with a new Echo device, called the Echo Pop. Release date 5/31/2023.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZXJDSL5

Re: New Echo Pop
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 07:46:57 am »
Looks like just a new version of the dot with better sound (maybe).
Will be interested in user reviews comparing the dot gen5 and this.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 09:25:49 am »
Meh... Not much different than the current dot... just slightly less counter space used (maybe)... So far my favorite of the Dots, is the 3rd gen one with the clock. I have a Spot too, and it's OK... none of them are high end music machines. But the new one may do better since it appears to be a possibly larger driver for the bulk of the sound. But I wouldn'nt hold my breath for awesomeness.

Amazon came out with a new Echo device, called the Echo Pop. Release date 5/31/2023.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZXJDSL5
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 09:16:19 am »
My favorite is the Dot gen 5 with clock. Main features of the Dot gen 5 that I like are the temperature sensor, room occupancy sensor, and a clock without all the of garbage that Amazon throws on the Show screen. And the price is pretty good when you catch it on sale. And now you can put the Echo Dot into one of the Star Wars heads :) The Dot gen 5 are Eero WiFi mesh extenders which is kinda cool, but I don't have an Eero network.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 03:38:44 pm »
don't like the new design.    I wish it was low profile like the discontinued input. 

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 07:53:44 pm »
We have two Gen 5 with clock... Somehow the ball shape isn't aesthetically right in every room's decor... but we have ONE in our bedroom, along with a Gen 4 with Clock for bedside clocks... and a Show 15 for visually planning things (while we run around in our underwear...LOL). If They'd lower the price on the show 15, I'd probably replace all the dots we have with them... I like them best for Echo products so far. I have 2, but one for each room in the house would really be ideal for our house as we have 4 adults under one roof and 3 bedrooms all lived in daily, along with kitchen, living and dining rooms. Maybe a Bathroom Echo wouldn't be too bad of a place for a dot, to keep cams out of the area... The bedroom Show 15 stays covered all the time... we don't use it for drop-in and that function is disabled on it. Currently I have only one Gen 2 dot left... I've bought so many dots I am starting to get blurry on which one is which generation unit...

My favorite is the Dot gen 5 with clock. Main features of the Dot gen 5 that I like are the temperature sensor, room occupancy sensor, and a clock without all the of garbage that Amazon throws on the Show screen. And the price is pretty good when you catch it on sale. And now you can put the Echo Dot into one of the Star Wars heads :) The Dot gen 5 are Eero WiFi mesh extenders which is kinda cool, but I don't have an Eero network.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!