Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

New Echo Works...Sometimes

Clemdog

New Echo Works...Sometimes
« on: June 12, 2016, 05:04:56 pm »
Just set up my new Echo and connected it to PHILLIPS Hue lights.
Works great for a while then just stops hearing the commands. I tried unplugging the Echo and it restarts and works again. After a half hour or so the same thing happens. Happens to commands for music etc...
Not a good first impression.

Thoughts?  Am I doing something wrong?

Yoda_One

Re: New Echo Works...Sometimes
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 06:30:59 pm »
Reset your Hue hub and I have Echo reestablish the connection.

Clemdog

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 06:43:37 pm »
Tried that.

What seems to be happening is that it's really intermittent. I can say to turn on the lights and the blue light comes on when I say Alxis but doesn't hear the actual command. I can be close by it or across the room. I can walk away and come back in 10 minutes and now it works. Then 2 minutes later it doesn't.
Extremely frustrating...

Yoda_One

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 06:52:50 pm »
Then it might be it is not fully understanding your command. Look at the posted command list and/ or look at your Alexa app and read/ listen what you said. Also have you completed the Alexa training in the Alexa App which helps Alexa learn your voice.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 06:54:21 pm by Yoda_One »

Clemdog

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 07:43:37 pm »
Okay. Here's the scoop. I just spoke to Amazon and the issue was that I had the lights name as "Hue Kitchen Light."  He had me remove the word "hue" and now it works every time...
Whew!

Yoda_One

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 07:53:52 pm »
I would have not guest that you used a secured name. But it is all good. There was another poster using the name Opera which is another secured name which also gave him unwanted results.