Echo & Alexa Forums

Dominos Pizza

Dominos Pizza
« on: April 01, 2023, 09:04:07 pm »
They just opened a store in my small town a couple of days ago.    Just found out you can order using Alexa.    Too easy..   Going to get fatter.   

Re: Dominos Pizza
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 09:18:47 pm »
They just opened a store in my small town a couple of days ago.    Just found out you can order using Alexa.    Too easy..   Going to get fatter.
Aren't there several Eatery Apps available on the Echo systems? I purposefully have my voice ordering turned off, or the people in my house would likely cost me a fortune...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 10:08:22 pm »
Aren't there several Eatery Apps available on the Echo systems? I purposefully have my voice ordering turned off, or the people in my house would likely cost me a fortune...

Not as many as there once was,   I think a lot of them had skills before alexa became a thing and they dropped their skills because nobody knew about them.     
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 10:26:09 pm by renegade600 »

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 04:07:19 pm »
Like you, I was a fairly early Alexa adopter... I had the first gen tower and the earliest dot I had was a second gen. I just bought a new Bridge I have yet to install... I need to look up how to copy the info off the old one and see if the newest one does any better connecting with Homekit... I just got it last week, and heaven't had time to dig into it just yet. If you have any input on copying and transferring all the bridge settings that'd be nice... I have four routers to work with so connecting them at the same time is no problem... but I can't recall all the details of running either separate bridges, or copying and installing all the files onto the new one...

But I do remember there was a TON of food joint apps on the Echos early on. Now that things are more sorted out it seems like they'd be getting back on the wagon.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 04:49:12 pm »
Like you, I was a fairly early Alexa adopter... I had the first gen tower and the earliest dot I had was a second gen. I just bought a new Bridge I have yet to install... I need to look up how to copy the info off the old one and see if the newest one does any better connecting with Homekit... I just got it last week, and heaven't had time to dig into it just yet. If you have any input on copying and transferring all the bridge settings that'd be nice... I have four routers to work with so connecting them at the same time is no problem... but I can't recall all the details of running either separate bridges, or copying and installing all the files onto the new one...

But I do remember there was a TON of food joint apps on the Echos early on. Now that things are more sorted out it seems like they'd be getting back on the wagon.

All I got to say is good luck with the homekit.    I know absolutely nothing about it.  I basically kept things the same since I started - nice and simple.   Only added additional smart devices.