Echo & Alexa Forums

"Remember This"?

"Remember This"?
« on: March 21, 2023, 02:19:24 pm »
I’m setting up an Echo Show for a friend with dementia.  Part of my plan for this user was to add several daily reminders for things like taking the dog out, making sure the doors are locked, etc.  I’ve found Alexa Reminders, and my other setup items, like contacts and calendar, are all working well.  But I also was hoping to add a few “Remember This” items like “My daughter Sue’s birthday is March 21st” or “my brothers names are Bob, Tim, and Dave”.  I am using both an Echo Show 2nd gen and an Echo Dot 5th gen and after hours of struggling and a multitude of Google searches, cannot get “Remember This” to work on either.  Strangely, there are many “how to” Google result on Alexa’s “Remember This” feature, but if you filter them by date, virtually all the results are at least a couple of years old, none are at all recent, and I simply cannot get Alexa to answer a simple question like “Alexa, when is my daughter Sue’s birthday?”--Alexa only replies with a rambling answer about some obscure celebrity.  I must be missing something. What am I doing wrong?   

Offline jwlv

Re: "Remember This"?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 04:00:32 pm »
There is a feature called Blueprint. You can set up customized questions and their answers.