Echo & Alexa Forums

echo gen 4 question

echo gen 4 question
« on: January 26, 2023, 07:55:16 am »

what i want to do is this
Alexa?
"Yes"
blah blah blah

I want alexa to respond to her name as in "yes webber317" this would let me know that she heard me.
any way to set that up?

Re: echo gen 4 question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 09:02:21 am »
Best I can find under device settings is this little tidbit -
"Request Sounds
Play a sound when you say something to Alexa."

Keep in mind I use exclusively Apple stuff, so there may be some differences between what I am posting and the Widows System or Android phones. This should get you close enough to make a change.

On the phone app it is different but accessed through the device settings. On the home page on the app, choose the device icon in the upper left corner. Once you choose a device, you have to go to settings through the little gear symbol in the upper right corner. Scroll down until you see Sounds and click on that, then the option to play a sound when you make a request is in one of the bottom sections... self explanatory at that point.

If you use the web page on a computer, Go to settings on the web page - Settings > (Choose the device you want to make a sound) > Sounds. Then under "Request sounds", to turn on, choose the slider next to "start of request"

what i want to do is this
Alexa?
"Yes"
blah blah blah

I want alexa to respond to her name as in "yes webber317" this would let me know that she heard me.
any way to set that up?
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!