Echo & Alexa Forums

Lifx bulb in Lifx app but Alexa can't see it

Lifx bulb in Lifx app but Alexa can't see it
« on: December 26, 2022, 05:52:39 pm »
I had to factory reset a bulb I've been using for years.  I set it up again in Lifx and can control it there.  I went to the Alexa app and tried to add it by selecting the + and bulb type, selected Lifx from the list, and clicked [Discover Devices].  It searches for a while and then says, "No new devices found".  I can control all the other Lifx lights with Alexa like normal... just can't see the new one.  Have tried changing its name and repeated the process many times.

Any ideas how I can get the Alexa app to see the "new" light?

Re: Lifx bulb in Lifx app but Alexa can't see it
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 08:02:22 pm »
disable the skill in the alexa app and enable it again and see if it helps.   

why did you factory reset the bulb?

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 10:03:55 pm »
Disabled the Lifx skill, closed everything, re-enabled.  Got the notifications that my Amazon account had been linked with Lifx Optimized for small home skill.  Went to Alexa app and tried to add a new device.  It still couldn't find it in Lifx.

Reset the light because Lifx said it was unresponsive.  Couldn't get anything to connect to it.  After the reset, Lifx found it, added it to the proper group, and I can control it's off/on, color, and intensity with the Lifx app.  Changed its name just in case anything was remembered on the old one..

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 09:22:51 am »
Finally found the issue.  I went into the light's room, selected the three dots in upper right, and clicked light settings.  I noticed that in "Cloud" it said disconnected.  So, I connected it and immediately got a notification that Alexa had recognized and added a new device! 

Not sure why it wasn't connected to the cloud but we're moving on!  ;-)

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 02:20:40 am »
Finally found the issue.  I went into the light's room, selected the three dots in upper right, and clicked light settings.  I noticed that in "Cloud" it said disconnected.  So, I connected it and immediately got a notification that Alexa had recognized and added a new device! 

Not sure why it wasn't connected to the cloud but we're moving on!  ;-)

glad you found that setting.      :-)

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 08:22:30 pm »
I was constantly getting unresponsive wifi lights and echo dots. A router reboot sorted for half an hour or so, but then the unresponsive lights and echo's would-be back. Turned out I had to change the channel of WiFi 2.4ghz. it had been set to11 without problems for 6 months. Must have been a neighbours new router interfering.
I set mine to auto and no problem from there on.

Disabled the Lifx skill, closed everything, re-enabled.  Got the notifications that my Amazon account had been linked with Lifx Optimized for small home skill.  Went to Alexa app and tried to add a new device.  It still couldn't find it in Lifx.

Reset the light because Lifx said it was unresponsive.  Couldn't get anything to connect to it.  After the reset, Lifx found it, added it to the proper group, and I can control it's off/on, color, and intensity with the Lifx app.  Changed its name just in case anything was remembered on the old one..