Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo show hears command, responds, but no sound

Echo show hears command, responds, but no sound
« on: December 27, 2022, 11:34:42 am »
I got an Echo Show for Christmas. Set it up and worked great. Woke up on 26th and asked a question, it acknowledged me, provided an onscreen reponse, but no verbal response. Unplugged, reset it and worked great for about 4 hours and then did same thing again. If the Echo is left for a few hours, it loses the ability to play anything. Alexa will wake up ok and listen to my command. Then will respond to say she's now playing a song or a radio station, but no sound comes out. It's like alexa thinks it's playing but it isn't.

I've turned up the volume all the way, I can still hear alexa so I know the speak is working. The wifi in the house is up and available but still no sound. The only fix I can do is to pull out the power cable and put it back in again. But I'm doing that 3/4 times a day and to be honest, that isn't really a fix.

Can anyone help me before I send it back?

Thanks

Re: Echo show hears command, responds, but no sound
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 02:30:20 am »
for a test, does your alarm or times have sound?

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo show hears command, responds, but no sound
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 10:14:33 am »
Sounds like your Echo Show is connected to some Bluetooth device (phone, speaker, TV, etc.)

The symptoms you describe sounds exactly like this happening:
1. No sound coming from Echo Show even though the screen is showing that it is acting on your voice command.
2. When you pull the power plug and reboot, it takes a little bit of time for Bluetooth to connect to whatever device the Show is connecting to and whether that device is near by. This explains why the Echo Show's speaker works for a while until it connects to something else.

Next time it happens, say "Alexa, disconnect bluetoth". Or swipe from the top to the bottom of the Show's screen, go to Settings and look for any Bluetooth devices that it can see and what it has connected to.