Echo & Alexa Forums

another new and annoying feature rant

another new and annoying feature rant
« on: December 17, 2022, 02:14:14 am »
When I go shopping, I wear alexa frames or echo buds so I can access the shopping list.   As I pick up items, I will immediately remove them from the shopping list.   Lately they added an annoying feature where when you want to remove something when in the store, it says if you want to continue, please unlock the phone. 

It is completely unnecessary and after hearing it dozens of time while shopping, extremely annoying.    Phones do not stay unlock when not being used.   I would have to constantly unlock the phone for no apparent reason since the item will still be removed.

Wonder why they even bother. 

Online AlanH

Re: another new and annoying feature rant
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 04:26:01 am »
I have my Shopping List open in the Alexa app on my iPhone, which is clipped to my supermarket shopping trolley. Most of the time the List remains on the screen as I'm regularly tapping it to remove items I've purchased. If my iPhone does lock, a simple swipe up following Face ID gets me back to the Shopping List. I hardly notice it.

Re: another new and annoying feature rant
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 06:49:43 am »
cannot do that here in my neck of the woods, turn your back to pick up something and the phone will disappear real quick.   I like just asking and deleting with voice.