Echo & Alexa Forums

Intrusive Alexa

Intrusive Alexa
« on: December 16, 2022, 09:22:57 am »
Didn't know how else to describe this.  Alexa was recently added to my iPhone through and update.  I used to listen to books through my phone.  I have Alexa and several Echos in my home.  Now, however, Alexa will not allow me to listen to a book through my phone.  I don't want it to do that.  Quite frankly the sound quality is much better through my phone.  How do I remove my phone from the "devices."  Hope this makes sense but only way I know to describe it.

Re: Intrusive Alexa
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 11:36:16 am »
Have tried to disable your phone in the Alexa device list?
You should also beable to uninstall or
disable Alexa in your phone.

Offline jwlv

Re: Intrusive Alexa
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 07:35:01 pm »
Your description does not make sense to me. That makes it very difficult to help you.

1. Alexa was added to your iPhone. Alexa the app? Alexa voice assistant that replaced Siri?
2. Devices. Where are these devices being shown to you? In your Amazon devices? Alexa devices? Something with Apple? Something with Bluetooth? Something else?
3. Listen to books. Do you usually use Alexa to listen to books? Do you ask Alexa on your Echo devices to start playing a book on your phone? Do you ask your iPhone by voice (Siri) to start playing a book? Do you use an app (what app?) and tap your book to start playing, not using any voice commands?
4. An update. What updated and put Alexa in your devices? Was it an iPhone IOS update? Was it an Alexa app update?