Echo & Alexa Forums

SOLVED! Adding another speaker when already playing on one

SOLVED! Adding another speaker when already playing on one
« on: December 12, 2022, 07:31:00 am »
Hi, I'm trying to work out if the following is possible: I'm listening to music on Echo Dot in the office and someone comes home and wants to listen to the same thing in another room. Is there a command that can get Alexa to add another speaker in there and then, or do I have to ask her to stop then ask her to play the music in a combined speaker group (or everywhere group) I've set up?

The trouble I'm finding with stopping and starting is that if I'm listening to something from a random request (ie I've just asked for music by X and I'm not really sure what she's pulling the music from) I don't get a continuation of the song I was enjoying (and I don't know specifically what to ask for to get back to what she was randomly playing).

Hope that makes sense! Thanks in advance.

SOLVED! I spoke to Amazon help and they said it wasn't possible. I dug a little further and a found a great site with all the commands on and found out the command is "Alexa, move music to (Everywhere/name of another group where speakers are combined). The key is "move music to" as no other similar words seem to work.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 11:40:51 am by LessButBetter »

Offline jwlv

Re: SOLVED! Adding another speaker when already playing on one
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 07:18:36 am »
Good to know! I never knew about the "move music to" command.