Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa doesn't respond from iOS Amazon Music App

marcel_911

Alexa doesn't respond from iOS Amazon Music App
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:36:03 pm »
I noticed recently that there is now an Alexa icon on the bottom right of the Amazon Music App.

When I press it, it shows "I'm listening" on the screen, but it isn't listening and does not respond.

This is on iOS in the UK. If the App has the icon then it must be available here?

marcel_911

Re: Alexa doesn't respond from iOS Amazon Music App
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:30:47 pm »
I installed the same App on my Samsung device and on that, the Alexa icon does work and she responds as expected. I'm even able to control audio on my Echo devices in other rooms through the Android App.

Is this an issue with iOS or is it just me?

atarmiga

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 03:13:08 pm »
I have the same problem. Alexa in the Amazon music app on my iPhone 6s plus just sits there and doesn't respond to anything. (iOS 11.2)

atarmiga

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 04:00:27 pm »
Okay so I called Amazon and they said it's a known issue. Apparently it's an issue with iOS 11 cause my iPod works and it's on iOS 10.

Amazon said they're working on it. No ETR.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 06:25:43 pm »
I was reading that some restarted their phones and it solved the problem.    It did not fix all, but if not done so, give it a try. 

AlanH

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 01:58:29 pm »
Working with my iPhone X on 11.2.

marcel_911

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 08:27:36 pm »
I notice recently that when you press the Alexa icon, I get a message saying "We're Sorry, Alexa is temporarily unavailable on iOS 11.2. We are working on a fix."