Echo & Alexa Forums

Speaker Group Problem

Speaker Group Problem
« on: November 01, 2022, 11:02:02 am »
I have several Echo devices in my home.  They are all on the same wifi. When I play music on one device (regardless of the source-Amazon Music, Spotify, Apple Music)  it will play all day.  When I play it on the Everywhere group, it will sometimes play for an hour or two and sometimes for only 5 or 10 minutes.  Mostly, it plays for less than an hour.  Does anyone have any tips on how to make this work better?

Re: Speaker Group Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 07:46:53 pm »
Interestingly enough, I have a similar thing going on. However, I know what the problem is... after a year or more of the symptom... I figured out that any command given that could change anything on my system, will turn off audio streaming.
For instance - I set a station on Pandora to play with a sleep timer when I lay down for my sleep during the day (I work nights) For the longest time, It would play great for days then it would shut off after anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour... with no prompting from me. I figured out a little while back, my mother-in-law (who lives with us) was using the timer for all kinds of stuff, and when the alert comes on and she tells Alexa to Stop.... Alexa Stops ALL sounds, including the streaming music I was playing in the other room. I have no speaker groups either, and thought they should maintain their own streaming/music especially since I also have a different wake word on my bedside unit.

So to cap this all, Is there any way someone else could be causing the music to stop from another Echo product by using something like the timer, or an alarm of some sort in the same system (USer name, owner etc...)????
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!