Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show 8 Problems

Echo Show 8 Problems
« on: October 18, 2022, 08:16:22 am »
Over time, I think this echo device has gotten hard of hearing.  Here are some of the issues:

• Does not respond
  • Respond when you are much closer to another echo
  • Does not recognize what you are saying when you are standing next to the device with no background sound
  • Follow on mode only works sometimes
Any suggestion on how to trouble shoot this device?

Re: Echo Show 8 Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 05:18:19 pm »
try unplugging it for about 40 seconds.    Something to consider, the longer you use alexa, the more comfortable you get with it and will tend to get lazy with the commands.   You may not put enough of a pause between the wake word and command, say everything too fast, too low, or whatever.    Just pay attention to your commands and see if that is the problems.    It happened to me and I had to adjust the way I was giving commands after a couple of years.   

Re: Echo Show 8 Problems
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 05:47:59 pm »
I have been in IT my entire life, so the first thing I tried was resetting the device. No Change.

I will give you an example of what I mean. I muted the TV so there was no background noise and I said "Alexa add large English muffins to my shopping list". It added Muffins. I was standing 2 feet away when I said it.

My wife also has the same problems.

BTW...we have 3 other Echo (non-show) devices and we do not have these problems with any of them. It is just the Echo Show that is a problem.