Echo & Alexa Forums

Devices announced by amazon

Devices announced by amazon
« on: September 28, 2022, 03:04:44 pm »
Was just going over the list of all the new devices Amazon announced today and there's nothing for me, a bit disappointed, I think this is the first announcement where nothing interests me. 

New devices include
Echo Dot - 5th generation
Auto - 2nd generation
Fire Cube 3rd generation
Halo - sleep tracker
Kindle with digital pen
Voice Remote Pro
Eero
Blink Spotlight
Blink Mini Cam
Ring Panic Button

https://www.cnet.com/home/smart-home/amazon-hardware-event-2022-everything-announced-from-kindle-scribe-to-halo-rise/

Offline jwlv

Re: Devices announced by amazon
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 03:14:08 am »
I like the Halo Rise, but at $140 it is waaaaaaay too expensive. I might even hesitate at $50.

The Echo Dot gen 5 seems like a decent upgrade.

The Ring panic button seems like it's just an Echo button that's been pre-programmed.

To me, this was a rather boring new lineup. Move along... Nothing to see here. :)

Re: Devices announced by amazon
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 07:22:53 pm »
I like the Halo Rise, but at $140 it is waaaaaaay too expensive. I might even hesitate at $50.

The Echo Dot gen 5 seems like a decent upgrade.

The Ring panic button seems like it's just an Echo button that's been pre-programmed.

To me, this was a rather boring new lineup. Move along... Nothing to see here. :)

Yeah... Pretty lackluster for the most part. There are 1000 sleep tracker devices already out there, and most are integrated into something else, such as a phone or wearable (Watch)... better products for such tracking anyway. Gen 5 dot seems like a non-upgrade to me... I suggest of you get one go ahead and get the clock one too... It's kind of a weird color of "cloud blue" but is close enough to the white it's not too annoying. I think that's the color the 4th gen one I have is as well... not terrible, just not white.

The rest was a bunch of disappointing half measure moves to try and keep everyone's attention... if things keep moving like this each yer Amazon will find themselves behind in AI... but that's OK by me, since I love the ads so much <rolls eyes>
Maybe next year they'll do better on hardware...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!