Echo & Alexa Forums

amazon announcement Sept 28

amazon announcement Sept 28
« on: September 20, 2022, 02:06:05 pm »
Amazon will be announcing their newest releases next week.   Wonder what they are planning to announce this time and how many of those new devices will actually be released

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/20/23362960/amazon-fall-event-date-new-devices-features-services

Re: amazon announcement Sept 28
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 11:46:04 am »
Echo Studio 2 with a White version ?  ;D

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 08:58:39 pm »
Prices always drop when new hardware is on the way. Same with Apple. When a new iPhone is on the way, the older generations always drop by $100.

Take for example the Echo Show 5 (2nd gen) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J8FFJ8H
Original price is $84.99. Today it is $39.99 and if you use the code SHOWOFFICE30 the price drops to $29.99.

One can only assume a new Echo Show is on the way. September 28 is only 4 days away.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 10:15:37 pm »
Prices always drop when new hardware is on the way. Same with Apple. When a new iPhone is on the way, the older generations always drop by $100.

Take for example the Echo Show 5 (2nd gen) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J8FFJ8H
Original price is $84.99. Today it is $39.99 and if you use the code SHOWOFFICE30 the price drops to $29.99.

One can only assume a new Echo Show is on the way. September 28 is only 4 days away.

There's some good prices if you don't want the latest  :-)   Unfortunately I always want the latest-that I can afford.  I just wonder what new type of device they are going to release.   In the past it was a microwave, 4-1 smart oven, robot, drone, auto, and more.  I am not in the market for any new devices right now but...

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 01:17:30 am »
I bought several of the Echo Show 1st gen when it first came out. It was rather pricey at the time but I liked the thought of having a screen. Then over the years, Amazon kept on adding more and more garbage on the screen. It seems like every week they put something new on the screen that you have to go to settings to turn it off. And then there's the "Alexa for your day" that you can't turn off. So now, I see the Echo Show as a free advertising screen for Amazon. I've already gotten rid of 3 of my old Echo Shows, 4 more to go. I usually trade it in to Amazon because they give a 25% discount on any new Echo devices. The last time I did this, I got the Echo Gen 4 (the large version, not the Dot) for $34.99 in addition to a $20 gift card in my account. Speaking of the Echo Gen 4, I do prefer it to any other Echo devices. For one, it has a built-in Zigbee hub. It has a temperature sensor. And it has an ultrasound motion sensor. The speaker sounds pretty good too.

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 06:33:18 pm »
I'm one of the "keep up with the technology/speed/processor" types... nothing new in Tablets the last couple of years, so I am hoping for an upgraded 10" tablet. I usually buy a new one every 2 years due to this process. So this year we should have a new one. Last year I got the 15 inch Show (Framed thingy)... one of the nicest Show products they have made. I'm unsure about the one the follows you around with the 10" screen, but the 15 is Super as far as functioning flawlessly from day one. Easy to mount, easy to set up, easy to use daily. Great control panel, nice photo frame... not much to complain about on it at all. The one thing I was wanting but truly have no use for, is the flying ring camera thingy... That one piece looks like an awesome item for the man/woman who has everything, as long as the house isn't occupied full time every day. My in-laws are always home, so nothing happens they don't report. Even if I don't care about it, I get a report... busy bodies are more effective than a flying security cam. Looking forward to the new line-up
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!