Echo & Alexa Forums

Determine which how and where are my multiple devices are active and where?

I have a huge, long list of devices. Some are very old and ohers are recent. The list is spread over 5 years and 3 different homes and garages. How can I determine which are active and where in my current home?

what do you mean by active?  Currently working order or currently on? 

For instance I have "Bill's 4th Fire TV", possibly from previous homes I am only using only one? Should I deregister all the other 'Fire tv' and start over? Or just go back to factory default? Should I disable everything that is offline and only trust the online devices. I have about 20 devices and are only using a few.

what you do depends on what you want.   It would get very messy if you deregister and reset to factory on everything.   IMO, get rid of any entries you no longer have the device for.         The alexa app will show whether or not a smart device is on.   Just turn on everything you need and delete those that is not on.    Just delete those entries in alexa AND on any app you have have installed for the specific smart device.

Thank you for your help. Will do.

I am withdrawing from this forum as it is messy to jump through the hoops to respond. Verification message(s) The LETTERS and the "5th word on the line 14 at Https:/etc"

I am withdrawing from this forum as it is messy to jump through the hoops to respond. Verification message(s) The LETTERS and the "5th word on the line 14 at Https:/etc"
The hoops you must jump through to respond to messages are limited to your first few post and is designed as a spam prevention.

Did not know this forum had spam prevention measures for new members.   Wasn't there when I joined.   But then spambots would spam forums with hundreds of daily postings if not stopped.    Fortunately it should go away after a few postings.