Echo & Alexa Forums

Pause routines while on vacation

Pause routines while on vacation
« on: September 02, 2022, 09:35:15 pm »
Is there a way to pause routines while on vacation? I have a bunch of timed ones that happen every day.

Re: Pause routines while on vacation
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 10:02:50 am »
Is there a way to pause routines while on vacation? I have a bunch of timed ones that happen every day.

Will the routines you have set, cause any issues while you're out of pocket? If not, why not leave them on... As long as no excess wasted energy is happening (Such as Air conditioner routines or the like). Just tag and turn off the routines that are big energy users and enjoy the vacation. Maybe go ahead and set up the Geofencing for the AC to come on when you're in the area returning afterward.
Just a suggestion, maybe not the best... but it was a freebie...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: Pause routines while on vacation
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 04:48:09 pm »
The concept of (dis/en)able function inside a routine is rather shortsighted as there is no concept of managing a larger set of routines.
Just some thoughts.
A look-up table based format with fields to group and select respective routines to operate.
A comment field to help keep track of particular functional association between routines would be useful. 
Other run conditions could also be listed in abbreviated form so no need to open a routing up for basic setup info.