Echo & Alexa Forums

Wrong responses from Alexa

Wrong responses from Alexa
« on: August 28, 2022, 09:30:47 pm »
Alexa often doesn't know OFF from ON.  Sometimes it's worse or better depending on the update.  The worst case was for a month when Alexa would turn everything on when you clearly said OFF.  It first appears that Alexa just didn't respond to the OFF command, multiple times.  On one horrible update, when I told a single device to turn OFF it would turn everything in the group ON. This lasted for about a month before it got corrected.  Problems with this still continue to this day.  I walk into my bedroom and everything is on without ever giving a group command. I don't even have a group name even close to BEDROOM (I don't have any BATHROOM devices as I don't trust Alexa).  It also seems that the echo devices with the clock display are far worse than the devices without ALTHOUGH lately this has not been true, it's as bad as the display devices. In the end, I don't know if i can stay with Alexa, it is such a horrible system. I find myself yelling at it more often that not.  My sister has a lot of trouble with her system too.  In the end, I might start converting over to Google.  It is far more reliable as far as giving commands are concerned and Alexa is going in the wrong direction for sure getting continually worse than better.