Echo & Alexa Forums

CAUTION. Alexa Calendar launched and made default

CAUTION. Alexa Calendar launched and made default
« on: August 24, 2022, 11:12:39 am »
Today, I noticed that when I asked Alexa to add an appt to my calendar (google calendar is my default)..... they were missing!!!  WTHeck?  Then I discovered the issue.  Seems Alexa was now adding new appointments to a NEW Alexa Calendar and not sycing those appts to my default google calendar.  In other words, this new Alexa Calendar became my "family" default calendar!  Google was still my default but Alexa used the new family defaut when adding appts!!  WTHeck?  It took me a while to figure it out and change the "family" default to google.  The really sad part is that the Alexa team never bothers to notify users of new features and changes.  Team Alexa, let us know what you are doing and stop scrwwing things up when you make changes!!!!!  PLEASE!!!!!!

Offline jwlv

Re: CAUTION. Alexa Calendar launched and made default
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 11:48:27 pm »
One other thing the Alexa team didn't let anyone know about. Remember the Echo Buttons? Yes, they have been discontinued for a couple of years. But the four buttons that I have still worked with the routines I've made to turn on/off my kitchen lights. Yesterday I found out the hard way that when I removed the routine, I can't add a button back into the routine. The reason is in the trigger part of the routine, where it used to let you choose Echo Button as a choice for "when this happens". Now that item no longer exists. My remaining buttons still work with the routines that are still there. But I can't add a button to any new routine.

And here's something else! To reset an Echo button and to pair it again, you would press and hold the button for 10 seconds. Then the button will light up in orange and you can pair it with an Echo device. I deleted the button from my devices when I was trying to figure out what went wrong with my routines. And now I can't even add it back. When I press and hold the button for 10 seconds, it briefly lights up in blue but never turns orange. It seems that Amazon bricked it when I removed it from my account. I can't even get it back to pairing mode. WTH???

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 10:36:47 am »
I read about the button issue last week when someone mentioned it on reddit.   Amazon is weeding out their older devices.   Hope nothing happens to the pringle can one.   I still think it has the better sound for my use. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 03:31:02 am »
BTW, I just noticed today that they put back the Echo Buttons in the Alexa app. So now I can add back my Echo buttons and fix my routines.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 07:49:47 am »
BTW, I just noticed today that they put back the Echo Buttons in the Alexa app. So now I can add back my Echo buttons and fix my routines.

they must have gotten a lot of negative feedback from their users.