Echo & Alexa Forums

small extender mike for echo

small extender mike for echo
« on: August 13, 2022, 09:39:32 am »
I would like to hide a little microphone into the receptacle of the power outlet just outside the door of my apartment. The primary usage would be to open the door from the outside If I lock myself out. Obviously the Alexa remote does not work for that because one needs to push a button. Instead, the microphone would have to be always on. Is there any such product that could do this job?

Re: small extender mike for echo
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 12:48:47 pm »
no such thing for alexa

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 05:12:59 pm »
I would like to hide a little microphone into the receptacle of the power outlet just outside the door of my apartment. The primary usage would be to open the door from the outside If I lock myself out. Obviously the Alexa remote does not work for that because one needs to push a button. Instead, the microphone would have to be always on. Is there any such product that could do this job?
You might as well leave your door unlocked. It would only take one child to hear you and the whole building would know they could gain access to your apt among other things.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 08:37:01 am »
Best you could possibly do is stash a remote outdoors at the apartment. Hoping no one finds it and runs off with it is the big problem there, Maybe stash it someplace where it can be gone to and retrieved... Laundry room or something? somewhere On the office building or some odd place that doesn't make it obvious it's to your apartment... there's always some way to do this type of thing, but always seems to come with a risk... of either losing the remote (or some other item such as a key... duh), or having someone access the place without authorization.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 02:49:07 pm »
Several smart watches are Alexa compatible. That would be my choice. I had a fitbit which I was able to control Alexa with, when it stopped working I picked up a $25 watch with same capabilities.