Echo & Alexa User Discussions Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Alexa on echo can't control hue lights, but on mobile it works

Since a few weeks alexa can't control my hue lights anylonger. I have a hue bridge and everything works fine in the hue app. Additionally I can use Alexa on my mobile phone, but I can't control the lights from my echo. That's really kinda weird...

I receive the message: "Can't find the light. To fix this, open the Alexa app and activate the skill again"

I tried uninstalling the Hue App, deleting all bulbs in the Alexa App, replacing my hue bridge further away from the router and re-enabling the Hue Skill.

Does anybody have an idea on this?

Offline jwlv

Re: Alexa on echo can't control hue lights, but on mobile it works
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 06:07:23 pm »
Looks like you did everything to troubleshoot the problem except for a couple of things.

1. Power off the Echo by disconnecting the power cord. Wait 1 minute and power back up.
2. After powering up, say "Alexa discover devices." When discovery is complete wait a few more minutes and ask Alexa to turn on one of your Hue lights.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 03:28:15 am »
Thanks for your answer jwlv 😊

I tried that aswell, but when I say "Alexa discover devices" she answers, that she can't find any new devices...
I really have no idea how to fix this...

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 07:56:16 am »
did you try disabling the hue skill in the alexa app then enable it again?

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 05:19:14 pm »
yes I tried to disable / enable the hue skill. The strange thing about this it: I can't find the philips hue skill in the alexa app "skillstore", but I can enable it via the web ui. Therefore I use this link https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B01MPX3JNE

After I've enabled the hue skill via the web, I receive a message that hue skill was connected successfully and I should switch to my alexa app. If I do that I receive this weird message:

Where do you get the hue skill from?

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 05:43:24 am »
Irgendjemand noch eine Idee?

Echo zurücksetzen habe ich auch schon probiert 🙈