Echo & Alexa User Discussions Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

New DOT sound issue

Alpha Bitch

New DOT sound issue
« on: June 30, 2022, 10:42:43 pm »
DOT 3rd generation.

Brand new purchased today.  I have 2 other DOTs - 2nd gen (kitchen) & 3rd gen (bedroom).

I set up the *new* DOT w/the exact same settings as the other 2.  However, when I ASK questions the sound is very low.  I have to increase the sound.
When I PLAY music, listen to the radio, etc., the sound comes in perfectly w/o any adjustments.
I unplugged the DOT for approximately 5 minutes.  No change.

Is there anything else I should try before I contact Amazon tech support?

Re: New DOT sound issue
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 08:06:15 am »
where are you increasing sound from, the app or the dot?   There are also two different sound settings in the app.

Alpha Bitch

Re: New DOT sound issue
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 02:45:38 pm »
@renegade600 Thank you so much!!!!!!!
I was increasing the sound through the DOT and through the Alexa app **browser.** 
I always use the Alexa app  **browser** to do things (I have a 30' screen iMac) as it's easier on my 72 yrs young eyes. 
The **browser** version has only 1 sound setting.

I had forgotten all about the iOS Alexa app.  I went on my Amazon tablet & found that the iOS Alexa app does have 2 sound settings as you stated.  I increased the sound volumne from the default setting.  That did the trick!!!!!  All is now well.

Thank you so very much.  I am very much appreciative of your help.

Happy July 4th!