Echo & Alexa Forums

Setting the speaker volume in a multi-room music routine

Offline RCF

Setting the speaker volume in a multi-room music routine
« on: May 16, 2022, 03:54:56 pm »
I am setting up different routines to play particular Apple Music channels on my echo devices for certain occasions. I have been able to create the separate routines, assign them different command phrases, and get them to play on the speaker groups desired. However, I can’t find a way to set the volume in the routine.

The idea is to have different preset routines around the house for morning music, daytime music, dinner music, and get togethers, and assign each an appropriate volume level. Does anyone know how to preset the volume in a multi-room music routine? Thanks!

Offline jwlv

Re: Setting the speaker volume in a multi-room music routine
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 05:32:20 pm »
To set the volume for a device in a routine, edit your route, Add Action, choose Device Settings, then Volume. After setting the volume action, scroll down to the bottom and choose the From device. Keep in mind that you can only choose one device per routine. So if you want to set the volume of say, 3 devices, you need 3 separate routines.

Offline wfc

Re: Setting the speaker volume in a multi-room music routine
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 02:49:31 am »
I am setting up different routines to play particular Apple Music channels on my echo devices for certain occasions. I have been able to create the separate routines, assign them different command phrases, and get them to play on the speaker groups desired. However, I can’t find a way to set the volume in the routine.

The idea is to have different preset routines around the house for morning music, daytime music, dinner music, and get togethers, and assign each an appropriate volume level. Does anyone know how to preset the volume in a multi-room music routine? Thanks!

How did you get the music to play in the specific groups??