Echo & Alexa Forums

I assumed alexa connected to the internet? then why cant...

hrpuffnstuff

I opened a NEW account while in the Philippines as I could not connect to my account in the UK
No problems, all went well, until I asked "Alexa play SMOOTH RADIO"
"I cant find smooth radio"

This went on and on with all the radio stations I used to play in the UK, but now alexa cant find the same station while i reside in Philippines

I assumed alexa connected to the WWW and could play ALL stations/music etc from wherever in the world

Re: I assumed alexa connected to the internet? then why cant...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 11:19:59 am »
on what radio service?   you either need a skill for specific stations or signed into a service like iheartradio to play your stations. 

Offline jwlv

Re: I assumed alexa connected to the internet? then why cant...
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 11:25:34 pm »
There are region restrictions when you take an Echo device from one country to another. What might be available in one country might not be available in a different country. This would apply to music, movies, and even some smart devices such as smart plugs, light switches, etc.

It is also recommended that when you take your Echo device to a different country, you should contact Amazon support to help you reset your Echo device to the new country. You can't do this on your own. Amazon must do it on their side at your request.