Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Pandora Voice Control

mbrandt151

Pandora Voice Control
« on: June 06, 2016, 03:46:51 pm »
When I got my Echo, I linked it to my existing Pandora account and all was well. After that, I added a Pandora station named "Salsa Radio" on a different device. However, Alexa doesn't switch to Salsa Radio when I say: "Alexa, play Salsa Radio on Pandora". Instead, she replies: "Do you want me to add [unintelligible name] station to your Pandora account?" I reply "No" because I don't know what she is saying, but it clearly is not "Salsa Radio".
All of my other Pandora station names are recognized by Alexa.
I tried to de-link and then re-link Pandora on the Echo, with no success in getting her to switch by voice command to Salsa Radio. I also tried to unplug the Echo and plug it back in to see if it would reset; no luck with voice command for Salsa Radio.
Does anyone have a solution or workaround fix this?

DParker

Re: Pandora Voice Control
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:18:52 pm »
I don't know that it will matter, but when I access my Pandora stations via Alexa (and I have have several), the phrasing I always use is, "Play my <station-name-here> station on Pandora".  That has worked flawlessly with the station names of...

• Johnny Cash
  • John Lee Hooker
  • B.B. King
  • Ray Charles
  • Elmore James
  • Count Basie
  • Lisa Biales
  • Jimmy Buffet   (Hey, I had to let the wife have one)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:29:37 pm by DParker »

mbrandt151

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 08:07:51 pm »
Salsa Radio was my concession to my wife, but not worth much because it doesn't work. It shows up on the Alexa mobile app and works fine through the app. Just no voice control to access it.

bwana

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 09:57:08 am »
what happens if you remove the word 'radio' from the spoken command?

mbrandt151

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 11:20:17 am »
No, removing "radio" from the voice command doesn't help, but thanks anyway.

mbrandt151

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 02:15:01 pm »
I just got a reply from the Feedback part of the Echo app. Apparently, the problem is being caused by "...technical issues with our internal servers...", but they are working on it. The customer service rep wrote that she tried it on her own personal device and she had the same problem.
Stay tuned for further!

shelbydave

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 10:15:41 am »
Brand new here... I discovered that she's not capable of recognizing certain station names, and if you have 2 stations with the same word, that also isn't good. So I originally had "Classic Rock", "Soft Rock", and a "classical music for studying"  These were causing a lot of issues. 
It seems the easiest way to overcome this is to name the stations with an artist name...  "Pink Floyd" for Classic Rock, etc...  That seems to work.