Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot shuts off at the same time every morning

Echo Dot shuts off at the same time every morning
« on: April 28, 2022, 06:21:20 pm »
Hey all,

I have several echo dots in the house.  When I get up, I'll have it stream a local radio station.  At 6:09am, EVERY day, it shuts off....always at 6:09. 

None of the others exhibit this behavior.   I have no timers, alarms, routines, or anything set up on this dot. 

When it shuts off, I'll tell it to stream that station again.....it does.....and if I was to leave it alone for the rest of the day, there would be no other issues....until 6:09am.  It doesn't matter what station/music is playing.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?

I haven't tried resetting the unit yet.....I guess I could just do that...?

Thanks for any help!

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo Dot shuts off at the same time every morning
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 06:45:33 am »
Strange problem. I'd say don't reset it just yet. Reboot it by unplugging the power for a few seconds and then plug it back in.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 04:34:22 pm »
you can always set a routine to turn the radio on at 610  :-)   anyway, I think the power cycling will help.  Also check your skills and blueprints to make sure there is nothing there. 
 Do you have the same problem with the other echo devices or just the one?   

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 03:05:55 am »
Just the one as far as I know.....I've checked and rechecked...there's nothing set for 6:09am...weird.

But, I did a complete factory reset of that dot.....so I'll find out Monday if that resolved the issue.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 04:37:16 pm »
The Factory reset was a fail....and I did realize that more than one of the dots is doing the same thing at the same time...so it seems like there HAS to be something set up for 6:09am....but I'll be darned if I can find it.  I may end up doing a factory reset on all of them to see if that helps, or does nothing at all...lol

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 06:37:26 pm »
check the history in the app to see if there is a hint as to what is going on