Echo & Alexa User Discussions Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Timers no longer show on Echo Show screen

Timers no longer show on Echo Show screen
« on: April 09, 2022, 08:10:21 am »
Hi all, this started a few weeks ago, but for some reason now when I set timers on my Echo Show they no longer appear on the screen. They are still there and run, but now I have to ask how much time is left. It's in my kitchen and I use timers for cooking, often setting a few at a time, and it was always very convenient to be able to glance at them and get an idea how much time left.

Is there a way to get them back on the screen?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline AlanH

Re: Timers no longer show on Echo Show screen
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 09:23:19 am »
On my Show 15, the timer starts off full screen, then reverts to a small icon at the top of the screen. For the final 10 seconds it goes back to full screen. Have you tried re-booting your device?

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 10:05:01 am »
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response and the suggestion. It worked! (I used to remember to always try rebooting a malfunctioning device  :)

I wonder why it went away int the first place? Maybe an update?

Anyway, timers back on screen. Thanks!

Offline AlanH

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 10:07:36 am »
Glad it worked  :)

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 12:32:37 pm »
This type of thing happens to a lot of "always-on" devices. I have so many IoT connected devices in my house that every now and then something stops working correctly. Usually it's a smart light switch that stops responding and I have to flip the circuit breaker to get it working again.