Echo & Alexa Forums

Two Gen4 Dots w/premium sound, Temperature issues

Two Gen4 Dots w/premium sound, Temperature issues
« on: March 26, 2022, 09:42:18 am »
I have two Gen4 Dots w/premium sound and both give me the same temperature. One is in the living room where I have the wood stove, The room is always hotter than any other room. The other is in a bedroom furthest from the living room.

I ask the one in the living room for the indoor temperature, and it replies 'The livingroom temperature is XX degrees' When I ask the one in the bedroom for the indoor temperature, it replies 'The average house temperature it xx degrees' I never asked for the average and this is how these two always respond.

I have even reset one and connected it to the opposite wifi frequency to no avail. They still reply the same way.

There are no other temperature sensors, and I do not have a smart thermostat. Is there a setting I am missing or is something just not right with one of my Dots?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Two Gen4 Dots w/premium sound, Temperature issues
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 08:37:30 am »
Do you have any motion sensors that have temp sensors in them? or any other device with a temp sensor in it. I have 2 motion sensors and they both keep track of temp in their locations, and the Smart T-stat has it's info as well... might look into any other smart devices you have to figure out if any other sensors exist that you didn't know about
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: Two Gen4 Dots w/premium sound, Temperature issues
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 06:02:09 pm »
The only other Alexa compatible appliances I have are two smart power bars. Neither one have temp sensors in them. It is strange that both are on the same network, same account and one will answer with it's own temp, while the other relays indoor average.