Echo & Alexa User Discussions Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo dot not finding any Bluetooth devices

Echo dot not finding any Bluetooth devices
« on: March 25, 2022, 07:24:23 pm »
I want to be able to pair an Echo dot with a Bluetooth-capable output device.

I have done this before and it worked fine, but thus time, across multiple Bluetooth speakers and multiple echo devices, I just can't get them to pair.

I set the Alexa app to search for Bluetooth devices, and it just sits there apparently searching,but finds nothing. I know the devices are actively waiting to be paired as my phone displays the ID when I search.

Additionally the phone can see the echo device on Bluetooth during thus time and I can pair with the dot from the phone no problem - the phone then appears as a Bluetooth device. But the alexa app does not report that the dot sees anything - it just sits there claiming to be searching.

I suspect that this is an error on the app rather than the hardware. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Any assistance gratefully received.