Echo & Alexa Forums

Spatial Recognition -HELP!!!!

Spatial Recognition -HELP!!!!
« on: March 04, 2022, 01:39:17 pm »
Thanks for the add!

I have an Echo and 2 dots in my house. All in separate rooms and none close to each other. They worked flawlessly until I switched them to a different account due to divorce. Now, no matter where I am our how many doors are closed, all three respond. I even hid myself in the bathroom and tried setting up the voice profile on my phone and everytime I repeated the commands on the phone, all three responded. The dot in the salon even started playing music at full volume.

I have scoured Google. Made sure all are updated and I believe none are in groups together though the sites I visited had pretty confusing info about groups.

Can anyone help?

(Whats with the annoying go tell me the 8th word crap? Stops me from being able to use my phone to post here....)

Re: Spatial Recognition -HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 07:38:27 pm »
I know this won't be much help, but I had a similar situation about 3 weeks back, where all of my echo devices were responding the same way as yours... all at the same time when addressing them. It did this for a couple of days then went back to normal. I had changed nothing, and also changed nothing for it to return to normal.

Remember... we are beta testers for these cool toys... otherwise they'd be expensive... hopefully yours will return to normal in a couple of days as well.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 02:41:24 am »
If you have Echo devices in the same house under different accounts, the spatial recognition won't work.
But a work around is to change the wake word. You have a few to choose from: Alexa, Echo, Amazon, Computer, Ziggy.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 12:29:28 pm »
If you have Echo devices in the same house under different accounts, the spatial recognition won't work.
But a work around is to change the wake word. You have a few to choose from: Alexa, Echo, Amazon, Computer, Ziggy.

jwlv nailed it. One of the dots is in the hair salon that my ex still uses. I had updated the new login to the salon dot prior to logging into the new account on my cell phone that I use to set up the system. Reset the salon dot and now spacial recognition works.

Thanks!!