Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show 15 - how to have only 1 widget column (not 2)

Echo Show 15 - how to have only 1 widget column (not 2)
« on: February 21, 2022, 03:06:39 am »
i just bought the echo show 15

i have a question so far:

main window has 2 areas
left: information, rotating
right: 2 columns, each column = 2 widgets. so 4 widgets in total.
when i delete the 2 widgets on the right column, it shows an empty place allowing me to enter widgets.
however, i don't want to add a widget.
how can make on the right side just 1 column of widgets so that the left part gets a bigger proportion of the screen?

i did a draft via windows paint.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 06:00:03 am by smart-lisa »

Re: Echo Show 15 - how to have only 1 widget column (not 2)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 07:22:00 pm »
I've tried several approaches and have not found a way to get mine down to a single column of widgets either... however, that's what I got mine for was to have the controls available at all times, with visuals for shopping and weather and to do list and calendar... I'm not looking for anything the device doesn't offer, but I can see how one might want it to be more customizable. Hopefully, for those who want, the guys at Amazon will do some updates that allow for a more open and personalized experience eventually. But... Keep in mind, we are all just beta testers on a daily basis. That's why the products and devices are at a price we can afford. Otherwise the devices would be for the overly wealthy only.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: Echo Show 15 - how to have only 1 widget column (not 2)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 03:38:26 am »
hi and thank you for the fast reply.

i know for some people the 4 widgets is great. but for others, no widget or 2 is just better :-(

so i sent a ticket to amazon in hope to get this fixed / get enhanced setting options.